Posted on April 03, 2018
Brolton is current 50% complete on the upgrade of three sediment tanks located at Sydney Waters’ North Head waste water treatment site.
The works began in August 2017 which included the overhaul of tank 2 initially, followed by tanks 1 & 3 respectively. These tanks are the final stage before the treated water is released to the ocean outfalls, 4.5km from the main land out at sea.
Upgrade items include:
- Travelling bridge sludge and scum removal system, with a new rack and rail to suit.
- New suction pipework.
- Concrete repairs inside the tank.
- Joint seal replacement inside the tank.
- Timber baffle replacement inside the tank.
- All new electrical cables, control box and limit switch replacement.
- New energy chain and trough.